A dental emergency can happen at any time, often when you least expect them. Whether you’re dealing with an injury or a sudden toothache, an emergency dentist can help.
Emergency dentistry provides prompt treatment for dental problems requiring immediate attention. Whether you need an extraction, root canal, or crown, The Dental Group of Morristown can provide the care you need to get your smile back on track.
Common Dental Emergencies
We offer many emergency dental services to treat many types of urgent oral health problems, including:
- Lost tooth
- A chipped or fractured tooth
- Infected tooth
- Loose or broken fillings
- Dislodged or lost dental crowns
- Broken, ill-fitting, or lost dentures
- Problematic wisdom teeth
- Acute Periodontal Problems
- Loose or broken down teeth
- Swollen, bleeding gums
- Bacterial, viral, or fungal Infections affecting the tongue, cheeks, gums, lips, or other soft tissues of the mouth
- Dental pain or swelling of unknown origin
- Suspicious bumps, spots, and lesions
When to go to the Dentist vs. the ER?
At Dental Group of Morristown, our team provides skilled and experienced care to effectively resolve a wide range of dental emergencies and restore a patient’s oral health.
If you go to the ER with a dental emergency, ,they will usually recommend you see a regular dentist as soon as possible for follow up treatment. In many cases, an ER is equipped only to get you out of pain and not to properly treat a dental issue. For instance, fitting a cracked tooth with a crown requires a personalized crown to be created in a lab and requires more than one visit. At the Dental Group of Morristown we reserve extra time in the schedule for patients with urgent dental issues.
However, some situations pose a life-threatening risk to one’s health and require urgent dental care that a regular dentist cannot provide. Others simply cannot be treated by a dentist.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please head to your nearest hospital or emergency room for emergency dental care:
- Deep wounds or lacerations to the face or mouth causing uncontrolled bleeding and excessive pain
- An abscess or infection that causes widespread uncontrolled facial or submandibular swelling
- Severe oral and facial trauma such as jaw fractures or anything that affects breathing and swallowing
Emergency Dentist in Morristown, NJ
At Dental Group of Morristown, we provide care to support ongoing oral health and help prevent dental emergencies.
While some dental emergencies cannot be avoided, many can be prevented with proper dental care, a balanced diet, and regular dental visits. During your appointment, we’ll discuss your risk factors and provide personalized recommendations to help you avoid future dental problems.
If a dental emergency does occur, we’re here to help. We always try to provide same-day appointments for new and existing patients, so you can get the care you need immediately. We’ll discuss treatment options and find one that fits your needs and budget to improve your dental health, so you can get back to enjoying your smile.
Don’t let a dental emergency ruin your day. Contact our dental office today to schedule an appointment. We’re here to help you get the care you need.